Phonics is the teaching of the relationships between sounds and spelling. The RoyalABC method of teaching phonics follows the synthetic method where letter-sound combinations are introduced in a way that will allow students to begin blending and segmenting words as soon as possible, rather than introducing letter sounds in order of the alphabet. Exposing students to phonics from an early age gives children a head start with reading and writing, which can only be advantageous to them in the future. We integrate phonics teaching with the teaching of British English pronunciation, so students develop good, consistent habits from the beginning.
Articles in this section
- What and how the students will learn?
- How can I get my kindergarten to use RoyalABC?
- What features does the RoyalABC parent have?
- How do I make suggestions and recommendations to RoyalABC on changes that I think they need to make?
- What is growth mindset?
- Will my child learn 21st century skills with RoyalABC?
- Do you offer Cambridge-style exams at the end of each semester?
- Does RoyalABC have a certification programme?
- Is RoyalABC World an optional component? What is the price without it?
- What is the difference between home play and free play in RoyalABC World?
Article is closed for comments.