Growth mindset is a simple but powerful idea discovered by world-renowned Stanford University psychologist Professor Carol Dweck through over 30 years of longitudinal research on the psychology of achievement and success. This research has revolutionised the way teachers and parents can help their children to learn and grow their learning capacity. Professor Dweck believes people have two basic mindsets: fixed mindset and growth mindset. Mindsets are the implicit beliefs we hold about our core abilities and intelligence. People with a fixed mindset believe that their ability and intelligence are largely fixed and outside of their control, where people with a growth mindset believe that intelligence and ability are developed through hard work and effort over time. Professor Dweck has worked with RoyalABC to develop targeted materials in our programme that help students, parents and teachers build a growth mindset.
Articles in this section
- How can I get my kindergarten to use RoyalABC?
- How physical is the teaching? I don't like the idea that my child is being taught using only digital products.
- How do I make suggestions and recommendations to RoyalABC on changes that I think they need to make?
- What is growth mindset?
- Will my child learn 21st century skills with RoyalABC?
- Do you offer Cambridge-style exams at the end of each semester?
- Does RoyalABC have a certification programme?
- Is RoyalABC World an optional component? What is the price without it?
- What is the difference between home play and free play in RoyalABC World?
- How does RoyalABC help my child prepare for primary education?